👉 Follow these steps to create automatically refreshing formulas
- In any cell (ie $A$1) type =GOOGLEFINANCE("CURRENCY:USDEUR") which will automatically update (about every 2 minutes)
- Using any Cryptosheets custom function, add a reference to that cell at the very end of the formula for the global refresh argument
- Everytime the GoogleFinance cell updates 👉 so will your Cryptosheets data! That's it!
How to Automatically Refresh Cryptosheets Custom Functions Data in Excel & Googlesheets using CS.TIME
Learn how to refresh any Cryptosheets custom function dataset…
👉 Follow these steps to make your Google spreadsheet update automatically at set intervals
- Go to File menu
- Select Spreadsheet settings
- Select Calculation
- Adjust the drop down menu to your desired refresh interval
- Save your new settings
*Important reminder: you need to add one of the formulas for =NOW() or =TODAY() into your sheet in order for the auto refresh triggers to automatically update your data
There are also a few less official methods that will likely work but may not be as stable:
- Use NOW() in any cell. then use that cell as a "dummy" parameter in a function. When NOW() changes every minute the formula recalculates.
Example: =someFunction(a1,b1,c1) * (cell with NOW() / cell with NOW())
- Another method is to include a '+ NOW() - NOW()' stunt at the end of the cell formula, with the setting as seen below to recalculate every minute.