Any custom function, data set or endpoint accessible in Cryptosheets can easily and automatically be refreshed or updated at any custom interval in Excel or Googlesheets* using one single formula. The formulas are slightly different in Excel vs Googlesheets and there are limitations in Googlesheets, there are none in Excel.
Automatic refresh is available to paid subscriptions (hobbyist and up*)
This article covers:
- How Does It Work?
- Example Use Cases
- How to Upgrade Your Subscription
- FAQ & Troubleshooting
❓ HOW DOES IT WORK?
=CS.TIME(# of seconds)into any cell (ie $A$1)
👉 3600 seconds / 60 = 60 minutes = 1 hour
- Using any Cryptosheets custom function, add a reference to the cell with
=CS.TIMEin it as the
timeparameter or at the very end of the formula if there isn't a
- Every time the
=CS.TIMEfunction updates, any/all functions that reference it will automatically refresh!
- In any cell (ie $A$1) type
=GOOGLEFINANCE("CURRENCY:USDEUR")which will automatically update (about every 2 minutes)
- Using any Cryptosheets custom function, add a reference to that cell at the very end of the formula for the global
- Everytime the GoogleFinance cell updates 👉 so will your Cryptosheets data! That's it!
📈 EXAMPLE USE CASES
So many here can only cover a few
- recurring charts, reports/
😎 HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION
- Very easy and can be done anytime from within the Cryptosheets add-on side panel or from the website
- See this article for detailed explanation
⚠️ IMPORTANT WARNING
CS.TIMEmight well be the single most powerful tool for Excel I've ever seen. It's a genuine game changer and will improve your quality of life by saving you time, stress and mistakes (#AWESOME)
- Using automatic refresh features can and will significantly increase your quota usage
- It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to monitor your usage and we will not reset quotas for lower tier accounts that use =CS.TIME() and use up their quota accidentally
- You can access your current quota usage in real time ANYtime using the billing section in your your settings (Help Center tutorial: See your subscription usage in real time)
ℹ️ FAQ &TROUBLESHOOTING & RESOURCES
- Check your syntax for =CS.TIME() carefully, different functions for the same data may have slightly different required syntax
- Check the required arguments for =CS.TIME() vs the optional arguments
- Check your data & API quotas and limits
- Check your formulas carefully
- Check your local computer & Excel settings for default date, time, geography, format
- Use Excel's error checking tools
- Check Excel's help sections: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/function-arguments-65b29fb5-ec7b-4c0b-a54b-a67923571519
- Find additional troubleshooting resources and tips here
Other Something else? – Click here for full list of Excel error explanation
For Microsoft Excel
- Web browsers used by add-ins: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/concepts/browsers-used-by-office-web-add-ins
- Office versions and requirement sets: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/develop/office-versions-and-requirement-sets
- How to check your Office version: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/develop/office-versions-and-requirement-sets#how-to-check-your-office-version
- Install the latest version of Office: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/develop/install-latest-office-version
- Custom Function Requirements: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/excel/custom-functions-architecture
Cryptosheets is free to sign up and start using now. What are you waiting for?
Signing up for Cryptosheets is free --> Get crypto data in 30 seconds or less
TAGS : refresh, real time, streaming, schedule, upgrade, subscription, exceeded, limit, exhaust, update, live, streaming, invocation, seconds, #BUSY, automatic, googlefinance, schedule, trigger, quota, limit, datetime, time, timestamp, cs.time, cstime, automatic, custom functions, excel, googlesheets, spreadsheet, crypto data, bitcoin, blockchain