*Please note: we are constantly making updates and adding new functionality to the Cryptosheets API console(s) so some of this material may become temporarily outdated and subsequently updated from time to time. You can stay up to date by visiting our change log updates.
CRYPTOSHEETS API CONSOLE QUERY BUILDER 2.0 RELEASED!!!
Feature comparison v1.0 vs v2.0
The Cryptosheets API console allows users to make dynamic API calls against any integrated provider or available data source. Each endpoint (per provider) can be accessed through its own console and is configured specifically to match the required parameters and requirements of that specific endpoint.
The console is broken out into 5 major parts:
- Request & function builder
- Parameters & fields
- Help Center
1. Using the query / function builder
Everytime you load a console there should be a default query string & function formula built and shown. As you type, change, select and enter your specific query parameters in each field the query/function builder will automatically udpate in real time. You can then:
MAKE REQUEST(sends data directly to sheet)
- Click the
copy to clipboardbutton (to copy the string)
- Click the
toggle resource/excel formulabutton and copy the formula (can be pasted into any cell)
2. Using the parameters & fields chooser
Every endpoint has specific parameter fields associated with it. Some endpoints may have drop down menus with precanned options to quickly choose from.
- If the checkbox is grayed out but checked that means the parameter is mandatory and you cannot make a request for the data unless the field is filled out (if it is not, then the field is not mandatory)
3. Using the inspector
Every time you click
make request you will see a success (or failure) message at the top. Once the message has appeared, three things will happen:
- You should see the data you chose has written to the sheet range you selected
- You should see a green check mark next to the inspector tab
- You can click on the inspector tab to drill down into the API response, including the full structure of the data object, shape or array it returned
Visit the Microsoft Appsource store to start using Cryptosheets today!
- See FAQ and troubleshooting help topic in the help center here
- Explore troubleshooting tips & tricks in the quick docs section here
- Explore tutorials here
Tags: console, api, functions, function builder, formulas, make request, get data, tutorial, guide, excel, googlesheets, cryptodata, query builder