Cryptosheets power templates often contain custom functions that require a minimum version of Office or Excel to be installed. If you load a template but the data doesn't pull through, try using the below steps to troubleshoot and resolve.
TIP Look for "Hover for help" and "legend" cells in templates for a quick reference
I loaded my template but the formulas are broken, say #NAME? or show another error?
- We create templates using the latest version of custom functions but not everyone has the latest version of Office or Excel installed.
- To prevent destabilizing your Excel environment Microsoft may automatically convert the Cryptosheets custom function into a dummy static placeholder if it thinks it detects an incompatible version or you're logged into an Office account that hasn't been upgraded.
active formula cell in the template (usually color coded light gray with orange text*) and adjust the formula syntax to read correctly as shown
👉 For Microsoft Excel
- Web browsers used by add-ins:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/concepts/browsers-used-by-office-web-add-ins
- Office versions and requirement sets:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/develop/office-versions-and-requirement-sets
- How to check your Office version:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/develop/office-versions-and-requirement-sets#how-to-check-your-office-version
- Install the latest version of Office:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/develop/install-latest-office-version
- Custom Function Requirements:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/excel/custom-functions-architecture
- Excel's Help Sections: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/function-arguments-65b29fb5-ec7b-4c0b-a54b-a67923571519
👉 For Googlesheets
- Throughput Quotas & Limits:https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/services/quotas
Cryptosheets is free to sign up and start using now. What are you waiting for?
Signing up for Cryptosheets is free --> Get crypto data in 30 seconds or less
TAGS : formulas, custom functions, troubleshooting, error, help, no data, #NAME? #N/A, excel, googlesheets, spreadsheet, template, CS.QUERY, CSQUERY